Saturday, July 1, 2017

Blue Lapis Beaded Cuff

The latest piece in the bead embroidery journey is this brass base cuff I made for a friend's birthday. I learned some new tricks which I intend to share in an upcoming post. I did not document the process because frankly, I had no idea if all the information I had acquired from various sources was going to work as planned. Another dumb luck project turned out brilliantly.  


A mention on the shop I have been purchasing the cabochons for all of my posts. The Etsy shop is called mygemgarden2. There is a wide selection of items and prices vary. I think their photos are pretty accurate in terms of stone colors. I can offer the shop owner is proficient with shipping quickly and packing the contents. The ship time to New York from China has been relatively quick (10 - 12 days). 


It was my first time using leather instead of microsuede for the backing. Either is fine, but I think I prefer the leather because it will repel any lotion or perfume the wearer might have on that day.


I had two different wrist models for this piece. It wasn't until I saw these pictures that I was really able to admire my work.  When I work on these pieces I am focused on getting the right seed bead colors and balance with the stones. I don't think about what outfits it can be paired with later. The model above was wearing a work outfit and the recipient of the bracelet is below and she was wearing an evening out dress. 


The brass cuff was very satisfying. I am looking forward to doing it again soon. In the meantime, here is a sneak peek at the beaded collar I am working on now.



No comments:

Post a Comment