Saturday, May 13, 2017

Beaded Hair Accessory

I just finished this hair barrette this week. It took a little longer than I expected to fill in the space around the medallion. I designed the barrette around a 4 inch clasp and the brass medallion size resulting in  a barrette measuring approximately 2 x 4 inches. I purchased the brass medallion a few years ago and really wanted to find a use for it. The seed beads I used are jewel tones in gold, sapphire blue, dark red, dark magenta and green. The brass beads and gold bugle beads that I lined around the medallion provided a nice dimension.




The 4 inch clasp is firmly secured to a genuine black leather backing. This size clasp is perfect for a thick mane of hair. 




I stitched around the edges with sapphire blue and green seed beads giving it a nice finished look. 

This item is available in my Etsy shop for $49. It's a one-of-a-kind art piece that will surely draw attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment