Monday, September 12, 2016

Borrowed Design - In Memory of Eridhan

A noteworthy mention on my new blog banner picture. The flower design is a tutorial I purchased from an Etsy shop called Eridhan Creations/In Memory of Eridhan. The bead designer has passed at a young age and the shop is being kept open by a supporter.  

The designer presented the tutorial as a pendant, but I have made it a brooch.  This peyote stitch design took me a total of about 5 hours to complete mainly because I took my time on every round. There could be no mistakes in count! Even though it was quite lengthy to complete I am thrilled with the end results. The finished size is approximately 2-3/4 inches. The design calls from 11/0 Delicas, 15/0, 11/0 and 8/0 Round Seed Beads.  I used matte silver delicas for the petals and galvanized silver round seed beads in the 3 sizes. This color combination created a stunning two dimensional work of art. The center Rivoli bead was my own idea.



The tutorial was beyond my expectations and it was perfection on the part of the designer. The tutorial is words only, but very easy to follow. I would rate this tutorial intermediate/advanced and highly recommend it.

Please visit Eridhan Creations/In Memory of Eridhan to see all of the available tutorials.



No comments:

Post a Comment