Sunday, April 13, 2014

Hello Spring!

The winter silence has been broken with chirping birds, chattering squirrls and peepers. With spring in the air I never imagined I would still be clicking the sticks on my sweater. I had set a goal to be done by March 31st which would have been 6 weeks total. I did not anticipate how slow the center cable design was going to be for me. As I approach the 8th week I am pumped with confidence and motivation. I was able to try it on for size this weekend. Fits just like it was made for me! 
 
 
After I took the above picture I trimmed all of the loose ends and added the collar band. I wished I had gone down a needle size. This is more preference than anything else. Once this sweater is blocked it does become more refined in appearance as the fibers relax. In the end, the collar will be just fine.
 

 
 
Sleeves, here I come. Realistically, with the warmer weather here I will give myself 3 weeks for each sleeve. 
 
On the jewelry side of things I had a first time buyer from Lillesand, Norway. They purchased three pairs of earrings and a bracelet. I received word from the buyer that the package arrived in 4 days. That is quicker than some of my packages to the south or west. I received a kind note from the buyer which made me look up the exact location in Wikipedia. Lillesand is a seaside village with a population of approximately 9,500. The pictures were absolutely charming and they surely resembled a New England seaside port.
 
I received an inquiry today for a pair of earrings resembling berries. The buyer did not commit yet, but since I had a little time this evening I quickly assembled a pair. They are delicious looking.
 
 
 
I also have a pair of Spinners available in battleship gray. These are a shorter dangle than the original design. About 2 inches total from the ear wire to the curly cue wires on the end. This has got to be one of my favorite designs.
 

Enjoy the weather this coming week.
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment